At STGI we build our success by cultivating a positive and progressive work environment, while providing the right opportunities to allow exceptional people to deliver exceptional service and results. Our focus and passion is in delivering solutions that allow our clients to improve efficiencies and out-pace their competitors by utilizing technologies to achieve positive results.
We are hiring talented and career focused individuals who are interested in realizing their career growth potential. We work closely with our employees, clients and partners to foster environmentally sustainable business practices in everything we do.
IT Technical Sales Specialist
We have an immediate need for an IT Technical Sales Specialist. In this role you will be offering a variety of technology solutions to our clients.
Our solution offerings include the following;
- Integration as a Service
- Data Center as a Service
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Cloud Platform as a Service
- Disaster Recovery as a Service
- Software as a Service
- The role requires significant interaction with clients, which may be face-to-face or over the telephone.
- Understanding customers’ diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs.
- Ensuring quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and our systems and processes.
- Identifying and developing new business through networking and courtesy and follow-up calls.
- Cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings.
- Preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of our solutions articulately and confidently.
- Marketing and promoting a portfolio of products by writing and designing sales literature and through attending industry events.
- Maintaining awareness and keeping abreast of constantly changing services, software and hardware systems and peripherals.
- Developing effective sales plans using sales methodology.
- Advising on solution features and functions and how they can be applied to assist in a variety of contexts, such as accounting, manufacturing or other specialist areas.
- Meeting sales targets set by managers and contributing to team targets.
- Networking with existing clients in order to maintain links and promote additional solutions and upgrades.
- Responding to tender documents, writing proposals, reports and supporting literature.
- Contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
- Attending initial sales meetings and meeting the client.
- Determining a client’s business requirements and whether the solutions being considered are suitable.
- Presenting your findings to a technical team to act on and advise client accordingly.
Technical experience and certifications are assets. Past experience working in successful vendor and partner organizations is a plus. This role has no global geographical restrictions and has significant management potential for career advancement.